Thursday, October 29, 2015

For the first assignment this week we had to compose letters in boxes and create a cohesive background to explore color combinations and composition. I chose a palette that was inspired by a golf course I visited in Monterey, California.

The next assignment could be a composition of shapes or text that also explores color. At first I was only exploring shapes and color combinations instead of creating a cascading effect which was also apart of the assignment. I didn't want to use external sites to find colors that worked well together but rather in nature. 

Here is my final one that fulfills the cascading effect.
I played with circles like bubbles flowing over the side of a hot beverage. Then I over laid red lines to create a more geometric feel to the design and make the piece more harmonious to the dark red background. 


No comments:

Post a Comment